When you have a wireless network setup at your home or office, it’s important to make sure that your computer is equipped with a high quality, reliable PCI Express Wireless Adapter so that your connection is quick and latency-free. If you have a desktop computer, you’ll need a PCIE WiFi Adapter that’s built with top of the line manufacturing so it can provide you with a steady and fast connection that won’t ever let you down. When shopping around and trying t figure out which one is the best to invest in, it can be difficult. We’ve narrowed down the field for you and have hand-selected, tested, and reviewed each of the top rated choices for 2017.
TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter
- The TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 provides three times the speed than your standard wireless N card since it operates using the latest 802.11ac specifications. With it, you can easily achieve wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps over the 5 GHz band, and up to 450 Mbps ver the 2.4 GHz band.
- Ideal for those who enjoy wireless streaming, online multiplayer gaming, and downloading/uploading large files without the use of a wired connection. It even has enough data transfer speed for lag-free 4k video streaming.
- Built with advanced security in mind. Right from installation, you’ll achieve a strong signal that’s safely encrypted behind the popular WPA/WPA2 standard. This way, your wireless connection isn’t accessible to hackers or uninvited guests who have no business being on your network, let alone your computer.
- Installation is a piece of cake and quite simple, even if you’ve never installed a WiFi card yourself. It slips right into any available PCIe port and can be configured in a matter of seconds once you boot up your desktop computer with it installed for the first time.
- Compatible with the latest Windows 10, but also compatible with older versions such as Windows 7 and 8.
- Backed by an impressive two year (24 month) warranty period that covers any malfunctions if they occur. Also, 24/7 technical support is always available if you have any inquiries that need to be answered immediately.
- Equipped with 3 antennas that offer true dual band speeds in all directions. Since they’re omnidirectional, you can achieve a strong signal no matter where your desktop is placed in relation to the router or access point. Additionally, you can swap out the included antennas for larger or longer antennas if you’d like to.
ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter (PCE-AC68)
- If you’re looking for a PCIE Wireless Card that’s built solely for performance and huge data speeds, look no further than the ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-AC1900 PCI-E Adapter (PCE-AC68).
- With an integrated 802.11ac chipset on it’s fifth generation, you’re assured total reliability for blazing fast connection speeds on dual bands. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands offer up to 1.3 Gbps transfers that make streaming, online gaming, and other resource intensive network tasks a cakewalk. Even 4k streaming can be achieved with no lag whatsoever.
- Comes included with an extendable, external antenna with a 40 inch cable that can be placed anywhere near your computer so it’s always in a good spot to send and receive packets of data. This external antenna isn’t a requirement and not always necessary for all scenarios, but it’s nice that Asus includes it in the bundle. If you’re not a fan of having an extended antenna, simply connect the three antennas directly to the PCIe card itself so they’re sticking out the backside of your tower.
- Built with a customized heatsink integrated into the design to sufficiently dissipate any heat that’s building up over time. Overheating is simply not an issue, but adequate ventilation in your computer is highly recommended. Not just for this card, but for any system that’s running.
- Fully compatible with Windows 10 and backwards compatible with older versions as well.
Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900 PCI Express WiFi Adapter
- The Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE is another high-end Dual Band PCI Epress WiFi Adapter that combines the next and fastest generation of WiFi for quick speeds that can assure a lag-free internet connection without any hiccups.
- Utilizes two bands that operate in the 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz frequency for a combined connection speed up to 1900 Mbps. The 5 GHz band offers wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps, whereas the 2.4 Ghz band offers wireless speeds up to 600 Mbps.
- Easily achieve latency-free gaming, downloading, and amazing 4k video streaming. This card offers a quick and easy way to upgrade to a wire-free connection that is priced lower than most in the same market.
- Built with a massive heatsink that properly dissipates heat so that overheating or high temperatures never become a problem, even when it’s in operation for continuous days on end.
- Comes pre-configured with the best network security technologies available including 64/128 WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
- For a stronger and more reliable connection, Rosewill gave it “beamforming” technology that boosts the overall efficiency on how the adapter communicates with the available wireless network connection. In addition, MIMO technology is used.
- Equipped with three omnidirectional antennas that offer 3.3 dual band modulation for a strong and constant signal that won’t fade or stall as time goes on.
ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)
- The ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56) provides a solution for those who want to upgrade their PCI Adapter but don’t necessarily need the absolute fastest speeds on the market.
- While it’s not the fastest, it’s one of the most reliable and highly rated. It utilies the latest 802.11ac chipset to offer connection speeds that are capable of hitting 867 Mbps.
- Operates on dual bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and compatible with all existing wireless devices that are on your network.
- Provides ample range in all directions with the assistance of Broadcom TurboQAM technology to use all of it’s potential when you need it most.
- Easy installation process that’s plug and play for most operating systems. Fully compatible with the latest Windows 10 version and backwards compatible with previous versions.
- A great choice for online gaming where connection speed and reliability are a must. It’ll help deliver more appropriate FPS that your computer can handle with ease.
- Included is an external antenna that can be placed on your desktop or in a window so there’s always a strong signal no matter where your computer is located. Just like the aforementioned Asus adapter above, this is an optional thing to do, but it’s nice that it’s included for free.
- Excellent build quality can be noticed right out of the box. 95% of it is built with metal, and the large heatsink makes sure that everything is kept cool when you’re using your computer for days at a time.
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter
- For the budget-friendly person who wants high speed connection reliability, look no further than the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter.
- Priced considerably lower than most, this is a great option for those who need a fast wireless connection for their desktop computer that’s still capable of offering lag-free browsing, streaming, and downloading.
- Capable of reaching speeds up to 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bands. Although it’s not quite as fast as any of the previously mentioned PCI wireless cards, it’s suitable for most scenarios.
- Easy installation can be achieved in a matter of 5 minutes. It comes bundled with an installation CD that also offers utility software if needed.
- Works for all versions of Windows from XP on up in both 32 and 64 bit. Also fully compatible with Linux.
- Protected by an impressive 2 year warranty and TP-LINK’s very helpful and unlimited customer support that’s available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.