One of the most useful parts of every garden is at the same time one of the best toys for your kids. Garden carts are used for multiple purposes such as collecting trash, mulch, soil, rocks, and leaves. They can also be used as your kid’s favorite transportation, aside from carrying stuff around your garden. With the wide variety of carts on the market to choose from, you may find it a bit challenging to pick out the best garden cart for your home or yard. To help you choose the best, let’s take a closer look at the top 3 garden carts that make sense to buy in 2017.
Gorilla Carts GOR200B Poly Garden Dump Cart
The first on the list is the Gorilla Carts GOR200B, a garden cart that looks more like a heavy-duty machine than a normal garden cart. With it, you’ll be able to easily move and unload material and supplies, almost without effort. The impressive features include:
- High-strength polymer with a black finish and steel frame that makes the cart very durable, so it will be as good as new even after years of use.
- With its 600 pound load capacity, you’ll be able to do more work all at once, without the need to stop and take it out or using a shovel. This also means that you can use it to drive around your kid if he or she doesn’t want to walk.
- Fully suitable for large loads of cargo over a wide variety of terrain, thanks to the giant 10 inch high-tread tires.
- The G0R200B has balanced dumping for quicker unloading, which means you don’t have to unload by hand. All you need to do is pull the handle in the front of the cart, which then disengages the bed from the frame. The back wheels pivot forward and the front of the cart tips up to dump out whatever is inside the cart.
- Because of the special black finish, the durable molded bed will not rust, even after years of heavy usage.
- The Gorilla Carts G0R200B is equipped with 10″ pneumatic tires as well as handles with padding to ensure comfort. The pneumatic tires let you work easily in difficult terrain even when the cart is fully loaded.
- Covered by a one year warranty, which gives peace of mind knowing that they are made of quality.
Suncast GC1500B Portable Outdoor Gardening Center
The Suncast GC1500B is not your ordinary garden cart. It’s more of an all-in-one product, with a whole range of features that makes many things possible. It’s primarily intended to work as a small moving cart, with a convenient place for tools and storage. Some of the most useful features include:
- Carrying Convenience – If you desire convenience in the outdoors, and want something that can carry everything you need for gardening, weeding, and cleaning your lawn, the Suncast GC1500B is a great option.
- Wheels for Portability – You can easily move it wherever you need it; in front of the house, on your porch, or in the garden. It comes included with two wheels on one side, so it’s always stable and never wobbly.
- Removable and Changeable Shelves – It has a 4′ bin for mixing soil, and also vented and solid shelves. The vented shelf is where you store stuff, while the solid one is usable when you’re re-designing and re-arranging your garden. The cart also has a deep bin as well as a bin used for grating. You can put them on top of one another. Also, anything that gets knocked loose is caught below, so there won’t be any mess with dirt all over the place.
- Slots for storing gardening tools – A really handy feature if you use it outdoors, where all of your tools can be right there with you, without the need to walk back and forth.
- Manufacturer Warranty – The GC1500B is covered by an extensive warranty. The hoses are covered for at least 2 years and the reels for up to 5 years. The company’s replacement policy is also worth noting – if you find that something is defective or if the cart is missing a part, you can contact Suncast for replacement.
Farm & Ranch FR110-2 Steel Utility Garden Cart
Arguably one of the classiest garden carts on the market today, the Farm & Ranch FR110-2 is the cart that probably most resembles the one from your childhood. But, it only seems like that, because it’s as modern and convenient, as it is usable. Though it can carry less than the Gorilla Carts GOR200B, it has some features that the previous one doesn’t have. Is this the right cart for you? Let’s take a closer examination at what it has to offer:
- Moving heavy stuff is not a problem at all when using the FR110-2. The sides can be removed and folded when needed. This feature allows the cart to convert into a flatbed to help move larger materials like 2x4s, tree branches, or fence posts.
- Comes with a mesh bed that is made of high grade steel. The bed measures 34 inches by 18 inches and is very durable, heavy duty, and built tough. The green finish on the frame simply adds aesthetics to the cart, but also protects against rust and corrosion. However, because of the grid design, do be aware that it may be hard to transport some stuff, like dirt, soil or some looser stuff. You can overcome this by putting some nylon foil inside first. But for all other material, it is perfect.
- The padded handle makes sure that your usage doesn’t strain your skin or cause damage to your hands. It has heavy duty 10-inch pneumatic turf tires that make it possible for you to push the cart easily in any given terrain. The wheel axle has a good range and built strong, so the strength is never questioned.
- The FR110-2’s loading capacity is enormous. It can carry up to 400 pounds of material, which means that it can carry more than some other garden carts. But at the same time, the overall dry weight of the cart itself is lower, so it’s easier to maneuver and also surprisingly stable.
- Covered by a generous and impressive one year warranty.
Whether you need a garden cart to replace a wheelbarrow or your existing garden cart, we’ve presented three fantastic choices that would make a smart investment in 2017. We feel that each of them are built with longevity in mind, giving consumers the ultimate value since it’s hard to find any downsides to either of these three garden carts.