Home laser hair removal systems are heaven-sent not only because it allows men and women to use them privately at home, it also helps you save money from monthly spa visits. These systems come in different forms, but the basic purpose is to remove hair as pain-free as possible, while preventing hair no re-growth for several weeks or months.
We’ve put together three of the best home laser removal systems for 2017 below, if you’re trying to find one that works effectively and with ease.
Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro, Professional IPL Hair Removal System
The Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro hair removal system boasts of a clinically-proven proprietary ProPulse technology that removes hair quickly and keeps hair from growing up to six months.
Remington I-Light Pro Features:
- Uses IPL Technology – Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is one of the popular technologies used in in-salon hair removal machines or using at-home units. With this kind of technology, light targets hair’s dark coloring just below the skin surface to disrupt its growth cycle through heat. This type of technology has been tested to provide results within the first few weeks after treatment.
- ProPulse technology – Remington claims that the I-Light Pro’s ProPulse technology prevents hair re-growth for up to six months. This technology works by flashing hair’s follicle with light energy straight to the hair bulb, while soothing surrounding tissue with vibrations.
- Easy operation – This system comes with an instructional DVD and a ‘Use and Care Guide’ manual, but it is pretty easy to operate even if you’re new to home laser hair removal systems.
- Advanced features – The Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro, Professional IPL Hair Removal System is also designed with skin-contact sensors, built-in skin tone sensors, and five energy levels, all of which provide users with the ideal light pulse every time. These functions also help in reducing the risk of razor burns and in-grown hair.
- No downtime hair removal – This model allows users to remove hair continuously, since you do not need recharging or additional batteries.
Additionally, the Remington IPL6000USA I-Light Pro Professional IPL Hair Removal System comes with a cartridge that has approximately 1500 flashes, which can handle up to three full-body treatments. You also get to keep a lint-free, cleaning cloth and a generous two-year limited warranty. The Remington IPL6000USA can be found on Amazon.com at a very reasonable price.
Veet Infini’Silk Pro Light-Based Ipl Hair Removal System
Veet is another popular brand in hair removal, so the company’s Infini’Silk Pro Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System is a definite fan-favorite. It is designed for use as a full-body hair removal system for any gender and any location. That being said, it can be used for men and women’s back, chest, arms, legs, underarms, and the bikini line.
This FDA-cleared laser hair removal system features:
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) technology – This laser hair removal system uses IPL technology, which means each treatment gradually reduced the number of hairs during re-growth. With Infini’Silk Pro, short pulses of light attack hair follicles under the skin, stopping hair growth from the root. Its lamp can accommodate a wider surface, so treatment is quicker than normal.
- Safety features – Since the Infini’Silk Pro is designed for home use, it has a couple of very useful safety features, including the built-in skin surface contact sensor (that automatically identifies skin and only emits light when it touches skin).It also has a recessed lamp surface and skin color sensor (that identifies skin tones and only work on suitable spots).
- Permanent results – Veet boasts of permanent hair reduction after ten treatments on the same spot. Initial results would reportedly be visible just after the third or fourth treatment, which of course, depends largely on a person’s hair type, hair color and skin.
- Replaceable parts – Comes included with a lamp cartridge that has approximately 5,000 light pulses. You can buy or replace these cartridges whenever needed. They don’t cost much.
- Easy to use – This corded, continuous-use system removes the need for costly batteries, or downtime during treatment. Once you plug the device, simply press the on-button, choose a suitable energy level from 1 to 5, and press pulse trigger on your chosen skin area, as you glide the unit across the surface of your skin.
You can also pick up the Veet Infini’Silk Pro Light-Based IPL Hair Removal System on Amazon. It comes included with the unit itself, power adapter, user manual, and two light cartridges for effective use.
DM9050 Professional Kit Permanent Laser Hair Removal System
Unlike the first two devices we’ve reviewed, the DM9050 Professional Kit Permanent Laser Hair Removal System looks more similar to the systems you see in salons and other laser hair removal commercial providers. It operates with 9000mW diodes, producing a laser at 808nm.
Why You’ll Love the DM9050 Professional Kit Permanent Laser Hair Removal System:
- CW Diode – Unlike the two models above that uses IPL, this particular model woks with a CW Diode laser type. The energy from the diode laser transforms into heat, which then attacks hair follicles precisely on your chosen spot, while keeping skin around it unchanged.
- Continuous use – Features a semiconductor that can provide continuous use of up to 5,000 hours.
- Pin-point operation or wide surface – You can use this device in removing multiple hairs on a large skin surface, or targeting hair-by-hair for precise removal such as eyebrows.
- Results after 2-3 treatments – Initial results would appear after three treatments over the course of a month. But these results would vary depending on the user’s skin and hair (coloring and type).
- Safety switch – The device works with a key-lock safety switch, which you activate simply by turning the thumb-switch on.
This Laser Hair Removal System comes with the unit that has a 110-240 Volt System with International Style Plug, two protective eye-wear pieces, tweezers, helpful and informative instruction guide, and a couple of 4-oz sized gels (including atomized carbon dye gel, lidocaine pre-treatment gel, and anti-androgen post-treatment gel).
The DM9050 Professional Kit Permanent Laser Hair Removal System can be found on Amazon. Although it’s very expensive compared to the previous two models we’ve discussed, we think that the price is easily justifiable, considering the proven effectiveness of the unit, and all of the additional accessories that are packed with it.
Although hair removal is a never ending chore, investing in a home laser hair removal system in 2017 is a very good idea. You’ll no longer need to shave, take expensive trips to the salon, or worry about the hair growing back for several weeks to months. We’ve given you three fantastic options to select from – all have their own pros and cons, but it’s important for you to pick the one that you think will work best in your scenario.