A rotary tool offers a wide range solutions and use around your home whether you’re interested in hobbies, crafts, or other projects. They usually come with several different accessories that give you the power to cut, sand, trim, or grind different materials with ease.
As with anything you buy, it’s very important to only by from reputable brands that are based upon positive consumer reviews. Below, I’ve outlined some of the top choices based on popularity, quality, usability, and overall customer satisfaction.
Dremel 4000-2/30 120-Volt Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit
- Comes with everything you need to get started including the Dremel 4000 tool itself along with 2 differently attachments, and 30 high quality accessories that make any job easy.
- The Dremel 4000 has variable speed settings so you can easily manually adjust the rate of rotation from 5,000 RPM to as much as 35,000 RPM. This gives you plenty of power to complete even the most difficult tasks.
- The motor operates very smoothly without any fuss.
- User friendly grip enables hours of use with total comfort.
- Compatible with standard attachments as well as several high performance attachments that can be additionally purchased.
- Motor brushes are easily replaced when needed.
- Backed by a generous 5 year warranty that covers any malfunctions that may occur within this time frame.
- Comes included with a strong, durable storage case to neatly store the rotary tool along with additional accessories.
- Lightweight design at just under 19 ounces ensures comfort and portability.
Black & Decker RTX-B 3-Speed RTX Rotary Tool Kit
- An all-in-one kit that comes with everything you need to complete tasks around the home or workplace whether you need to cut, grind, sand, polish, engrave, or clean.
- Comes included with 5 accessories, a wrench, storage bag, and user manual with instructions on how to operate and care for the tool.
- Select the dial from 3 different speeds that operate at different RPM’s. On low, it will perform at 12,000 RPM – Mid setting 24,000 RPM – High setting 30,000 RPM. Overall, plenty of power to do anything you need!
- Motor delivers high torque so it doesn’t have any issues with performance no matter what surface you’re using it on.
- Exclusive to Black & Decker, the RTX rotary tool utilizes a special flip lock system that allows accessory changes in a just seconds. Also, you can use any standard rotarty tool accessories – they don’t have to be compatible with a certain brand, it will accept all of them!
- Backed by a 2 year warranty that covers any unit malfunctions within the first 24 months of ownership.
Proxxon 38481 IB/E Professional Rotary Tool
- Features variable speed to adjust to the correct RPM’s based on what task you’re completing. The motor uses ball bearings to give a smooth and stable experience with less jitter and vibration than other rotary tools currently on the market.
- Comes included with a 34 piece accessory kit with cutters and bits that are of professional grade. Also, a hard storage case is included to keep everything contained in one place so you never misplace bits or attachments.
- Very lightweight at just 1.3 lbs. and effortlessly quiet. It uses a 1/8 horsepower motor that’s capable of a large amount of torque even when it’s operating at the lowest possible speed setting.
- Size Triple Slit steel collets are included to attach bits from 1/32 inches to 1/8 inches without any hassle.
- Built to last for several years to come. Out of the many customer reviews I read, it seems that most agree it’s much better than a Dremel tool, and lasts for many years to come. The low amounts of vibration seemed to be a popular feature among many who purchased it.
Dremel 8220-2/28 12-Volt Max Cordless Rotary Tool
- A cordless rotary tool that gives you free range to use wherever you want – regardless if there is a source of power.
- Kit comes with 28 accessories, battery charger, 2 batteries, and a carrying case for safely and securely storing it when not in use.
- Slim, ergonomically friendly design has a grip all the way around the unit so you can easily and comfortable operate it from just about any angle you decide.
- Quickly charges in approximately 60 minutes (1 hour) so you can have it ready to use as quickly as possible once the batteries run out. The 2 included batteries utilize lithium ion technology to hold a strong charge that lasts 33% longer than the Dremel 8200.
- Super strong motor powers through all sorts of material including but not limited to wood, metal, and other materials. Change the bit to create the perfect results depending on what medium you’re working with.
- Quick collet feature enables the user to quickly change accessories with minimal downtime.
Dremel 8000-03 10.8-Volt Lithium Ion Cordless Rotary Tool
- Another excellent choice ideal for those who don’t want to spend over $100 for a top of the line rotary tool.
- Comes with everything you need to get started including 40 genuine Dremel brand accessories that are designed to last for several years down the road.
- Cordless operation with a specialized Lithium-Ion battery holds a charge longer than others for as much as 2 years! A single charge lasts as much as 6 times longer than the Ni-Cad battery that has been used in the past with rotary tools.
- Very lightweight and compact. The perfect size with a comfortable grip that ergonomically shapes to your hand for the easiest and best control you could possibly wish for.
- Adjustable speeds from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM means you can set it to the ideal speed based upon what material you’re working with.