High blood pressure (or hypertension) can lead to several serious health problems, including strokes, heart attacks, or kidney failure – among others. It is the sole reason why doctors know hypertension as the silent killer. Although regular check-ups are still the best option in determining your overall health, blood pressure monitors come in second since these devices provide users with essential details about their heart’s health. Blood pressure monitors are one of the most useful medical investments if you’re one who suffers from hypertension.
There are many to choose from, but you’ll only want to spend money on the blood pressure monitors that are reliable, functional, and full of the features you’d like to have. To get started, we’ve narrowed down the market and researched to find the best rated blood pressure monitors for 2017. Below you’ll find in-depth reviews on the specific brands/makes/models that we highly recommend.
Omron BP785N 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
The Omron BP785N 10 Series home blood pressure monitor is a tiny, yet super advanced monitor that incorporates several user-friendly feature and state-of-the-art technology.
Choose this model if you want:
- Accurate blood pressure readings: Omron’s TruRead technology ensures that results are accurate every time. This works by taking three consecutive readings at 1-minute interval, then calculating average for the result.
- Comfortable arm cuff: The preformed ComFit Cuff, which fits 9 to 17-inch arms, is designed to inflate around a user’s entire upper arm, which makes sure that his/her brachial artery is reached and compressed. No more incorrect positioning and inaccurate results – ever!
- Huge display: The Omron BP785N 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor comes with an easy-to-read display with backlight, multi-color indicator lights and extra-large digits, all creating a perfect solution to reading blood pressure levels with ease. Orange lights mean you are at hypertension range, while green lights indicate normal range.
- Saved records: This particular blood pressure monitor has a huge memory, which allows users to view up to 200 past readings. It’s a pretty neat feature, especially if you’re trying to see your progress from a change in diet or exercise.
The Omron BP785N 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is $70 on Amazon.com. It comes with a bi-lingual instruction manual, quick start guide and AC Adapter. Overall, we think that it offers excellent results and is one of the highest rated, most popular of the year.
Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
The Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor is another popular Omron device, which currently ranks #1 Best Seller in Amazon’s Blood Pressure Monitor category.
Several distinct features of Omron’s 7 Series wrist blood pressure monitor include:
- Correct-position indicator: Whenever you place it on your wrist, it will automatically activate only when it is at heart level thanks to Omron’s Heart Guide Technology. You’ll see a blue light flashing, which indicates that you have placed it in a correct position.
- Health indicators: The Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor alerts the users of normal to high blood pressure levels. It flashes an indicator icon when it detects irregular heartbeats as you measure your current blood pressure.
- Tiny device, powerful features: This portable wrist monitor is lightweight and discrete, allowing users to monitor their blood pressure without attracting unwanted attention.
- Fits many: The cuff included in this unit can fit wrists measuring 5.25 inches to 8.25 inches.
- Two-user mode: This particular Omron model accommodates two different users to monitor their blood pressure and store their readings in the unit’s built-in memory.
- Huge memory storage: If two people are sharing the unit, each person can store 100 of their past readings. It can hold up to 200 total, so if you’re using this as a personal device, you’ll have plenty of space more for yourself.
- Smart Averaging: Thanks to Omron’s TruRead technology, this blood pressure monitor averages three readings within the last 10 minutes to arrive at a more accurate reading. This model also has a one-touch button that directs you to an eight-week history of your readings, which include a morning and evening average.
You can get the Omron 7 Series Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor for only $47 on Amazon.com for the twin-pack. We think that the price is very reasonable, especially considering the trusted results and readings it provides throughout the day. Overall, a very affordable and accurate blood pressure monitor that’s well worth the investment for anyone.
Ozeri CardioTech BP3T Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
The Ozeri CardioTech BP3T Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor works with a different ultra-modern technology for accurate results. Produced by Ozeri, the CardioTech is a physician-recommended tool used for both homes and hospitals around the world.
You’ll be impressed by this unit because:
- Advanced CPU: The BP3T operates with a state-of-the-art CPU, which activates a double-pulse detection algorithm for accurate pulse wave detection and blood pressure monitoring. It uses MWI (Measure While Inflate) that adjusts its inflation system for user-to-user comfort and detection of real-time blood pressure.
- One-step, user friendly operation: To monitor your blood pressure, simply place the unit around your upper arm and wait for the device to inflate automatically, which adjusts according to the size of your arm. With a one-push button, you can obtain your most recent blood pressure quickly and averaged from two or more readings. Not only does this feature save you time positioning the device, it also ensures you have placed it on the appropriate area.
- LED-backlit Blue LCD: This particular model has plenty of high-tech features, which you see on the display. There are touch-sensitive buttons (to view date and time stamps of readings quickly) and a useful slider switch that selects users with one push.
- Follows WHO standards: The Ozeri CardioTech BP3T Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor detects hypertension levels and guidelines based on World Health Organization blood pressure classification.
- Health indicators: Know when you have hypertension or irregular heartbeat with this unit’s indicators. You’ll also be able to see this information with an easy-to-understand graph.
- 120 readings on storage: You can store up to 120 blood pressure reading (either for one or two users). It includes date and time information for each reading.
The Ozeri CardioTech BP3T Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is available on Amazon.com for $60, plus it comes with a very generous 5-year warranty. It also comes included with four AAA batteries, a user manual, medium-sized arm cuff, and a handy carrying bag. Overall, an incredibly great bargain that will provide you with accurate and trustworthy readings.